Thursday, April 10, 2008

Having Enough Time

"I still find each day too short for
all the thoughts I want to think,
all the walks I want to take,
all the books I want to read,
and all the friends I want to see."
-John Burroughs
And I think I'll add to that, "all the artwork I need to get done."
I shouldn't have procrastinated so long about these projects for "Workshop." When I think back to when I was first given the 'go-ahead' to begin them, I thought to myself, "plenty of time to do it." Yes, there was plenty of time...plenty of time to do anything I could think of instead of doing the task at hand. Now I am paying the price! I need to get everything completed, written, boxed, and shipped by tomorrow. I got up this morning at 12:30 a.m. because I was just laying in bed thinking about what I needed to complete yet. Why lay there and think about it; and why not just drag myself downstairs and begin doing it? So down the stairs I trudged, my eyes still so tired and sore from working all day yesterday...and the day before...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything can get finished up today, that is as long as I don't divert my attention to the computer and the wonderful world of ebay, like I usually do. Man, ebay is certainly addicting! I am a professed ebay shopaholic. Actually, a professed shopaholic. Period. My nasty spending spree has been in high gear the last few weeks. This time, art supplies was my vise. I go in spurts with things. Sometimes I'm on a roll with jewelry, then it progresses to jackets, then kewl junque that has what I deem 'the look.' Stuff that has possibilities for creating. Stuff that I know I probably won't find again. So, of course I just have to get it, right??!!
Ok, enough of my bad habits. I better get back in 'creative mode' again, and go back to the artwork.

1 comment:

burntofferings said...

your schedule sounds like mine. no rest for the wicked! we're back from artfest - great classes - and are getting ready for art & soul.
hugs...