Saturday, April 12, 2008

First Heron Sighting This Year!

I've been watching for the blue herons to come back this Spring. For the last several weeks, I've been on the look-out for them, carefully scanning the riverbanks and the water. Lately, I've been hearing what sounded like their squawks, but I wouldn't see them. Well, this afternoon, my husband, Mike came upstairs to inform me that he spotted one at the edge of our lawn at the river! I scrambled downstairs to grab the camera and sure enough, there he was! I'm so glad they've returned. They are fun to watch, especially when they're 'fishing' for their meals.

On another note, I've been working frantically, scrambling to get the final touches put on the art projects. Tomorrow I'm going to get them packed for the mail, and send them off Monday morning, before I leave for my big art workshop at Valley Ridge. I haven't even begun to pack for that yet, and I need to take almost my entire workshop of tools and assorted junque to it. I'm going to be learning from Keith LeBue again (this will be my 3rd workshop of his that I've taken). I will be gone for 8 days to it, so Mike will be babysitting 'the boyz' for me while I'm gone.

No comments: