Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Latest Projects

"You cannot govern the
creative impulse;
all you can do is to
eliminate obstacles and
smooth the way for it."
- Kimon Nicolaides


This is the latest pendant I finished. I actually started the piece last Fall, but I put it aside and had forgotten about it. The pendant portion was actually very close to completion, so that part didn't take long. I had to figure out what I was going to hang it from, though. I finally settled on making a long necklace from heavy leather cord, and attached the pendant to it by fashioning a bale from an old pair of scissors. I'm working on another pendant right now, but am having a mental block as to the necklace portion of the piece. So I just have it laying on my workbench, and I walk past and look at it every once in a while, trying to get some sort of inspiration.
I also made this altered photograph for my friend, Linda O'brien. It was Linda's birthday last week, so this picture of her and Opie became her birthday card from me. They just got back from teaching a workshop in Mexico last week. I wish I could've went along!!!


4 comments:

Kerin said...

Hi Jill

That pendant is so rich- love all the layers and interesting elements. I've been thinking of making some jewelry with a kazillion cool keys I scored recently so I love seeing keys on there as well.

Hmmm . . . as for that couple in the portrait they look so familiar. It's almost as though I've seen them somewhere before. : )

billyking said...

I hope you will come to our art party in Mexico mar 11-18
Babo 2009 barra Art Bounce

http://barraartbounce.blogspot.com
FREE!!!

dogfaeriex5 said...

i love linda's card and your necklace is absolutely beautiful, just beautiful...xo

burntofferings said...

i LOVE this card. i framed my other one with the tin shears and will frame this one as well.