Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Working Away!!!

"The creative impulse suddenly
springs to life, like a flame,
and passes through the hand onto the canvas,
where it spreads farther until,
like the spark that closes an electric circuit,
it returns to the source;
the eye and the mind."
- Paul Klee
Today is another beautiful day outside... the sun is shining brightly, and the temperatue is on the rise. We have had gorgeous weather for the past week, and I'm hoping it will continue for at least another several days. The creative juices have been flowing for me, and I'm presently in the middle of doing a piece for Opie and Linda O'Brien's upcoming book. I am so honored that they love my work, and asked me to contribute one of my creations for it!!! I can remember so vividly the first time I met them at my first workshop, back in 2005.... I knew of them and their work from previous publications I had read, and when I had an opportunity to actually attend a workshop taught by them, I was both thrilled and nervous at the same time! I had never really gone to a workshop like that before, and it was quite far from where I lived. I was afraid that everyone in attendance would be much more advanced than I was, since I was totally self-taught and just created things for myself. The minute I walked in the door, Linda and I seemed to totally connect!! I still have to chuckle to myself about the first lunch break we had. I was sitting at the same table as they were, and I just kept thinking to myself...'OMG!! I'm EATING with Opie and Linda O'Brien!!! I'm TALKING with Opie and Linda O'Brien!!! They're actually talking to ME!!!' The feeling was almost like sitting and chatting with celebrities for me, since they were published and nationally-known artists. And now, 4 years later, I am actually going to be a part of their book! Wow! Linda was the person who originally told me that I had talent and should get my work published, back in 2005. I took her advice...and things really snowballed from there. So to Linda, I want you to know that I am proud and very honored to call you my friend ~ and my soul-sister!!!

No comments: