Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Latest Neckpiece

"Art is the desire of man
to express himself,
to record the reactions of
his personality
to the world he lives in."
-Amy Lowell


This is the latest jewelry piece that I have made. It is a pendant comprised of a vintage lens shutter, an old speed regulator plate (from who-knows-what), a small antique key, some sort of plumbing part, an old photograph, and etched bronze sheet. It is suspended on a 5mm leather cord.
I have come to the realization that I need to start making pieces that don't have my old family photographs somehow incorporated into them. This way, I will be able to actually sell my work instead of keeping it. Not to mention earning some money to feed my found-object hoarding habit!
I am going to be making more pieces in the upcoming weeks, and also plan on opening up an etsy shoppe where my work will be available for purchase.

4 comments:

icandy... said...

This is amazing~ I love the look of steampunk!
OX
Christina

Jen Crossley said...

WOW Sensational work

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Wow Jill, love it! Now I have Mark's cold/flu. Hopefully I will be over it soon. He has had it for 2 1/2 weeks :(

Anonymous said...

That is stunning! Wow! The lens shutter is a wonderful component. I'm glad I have found you!