Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Boyz


These are my 3 adorable little 'boyz', Mugsy, Otis, and Popeye. Otis is the oldest pug. He is over 11 years old now. I got him as a little puppy. He can't see well anymore, can't hear much, and is pretty lame with arthritis, but he has a little sniffer that is like radar whenever anyone has some food around. He spends most of his day snoring in a corner, but he always comes out of his coma when he smells food! Mugsy was a rescued pug that came into my life about a year and a half ago, thanks to my artist/friend, Bernie Berlin. Bernie is a wonderful, talented gal, who dedicates her life to rescuing dogs and cats from certain death, rehabilitating them, and finding them loving homes. Check out her story at www.aplacetobark.com. She knows how much I love pugs, so when she found this guy, she immediately called me to see if I would like to adopt him. That is how we got little Popeye too. He came into our life last Fall, again thanks to Bernie. He had suffered some terrible trauma to his left eye when she found him, and about 2 months ago, I finally had to take him to the vet and have his eye removed. He is doing great now, and always looks like he's 'winking' at you. This photo was pre-eye removal. I'll write more about my little pugs in the days to come.

Here's a quote for the day that I like:
"What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it; boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
- Johann von Goethe



No comments: